All my annual spring cleaning routine tips, tricks, hacks and DIYs to help you get a cleaner home this spring! As we all know, the ideal time of the year to clean our homes top to bottom is during spring. I will show you how to clean all the rooms of your house in simple and easy steps!
Your house was locked up all winter and it’s now time to freshen up your house by following these simple steps! You’ll get the job done in no time and impress your friends and family with a super clean, super fresh home!
Remember to spread the tasks over a couple of days instead of trying to accomplish everything in one day. This way, you won’t feel overwhelmed and you’ll actually enjoy spring cleaning!
The tools needed for the job are super simple:
– Quality microfiber cloths (like the ones in my video: https://youtu.be/Z17kXf5FVBg)
– An all purpose cleaner and a glass cleaner (you can make your own DIY homemade cleaning products by watching my video: https://youtu.be/GXW4KSWO7KI)
– A vacuum
– A mop and a bucket
– A duster or a compressed air can
Check these links out for the tools I use:
Mopnado spin mop: http://amzn.to/2n9CUbp
Microfiber towels: http://amzn.to/2nF2V5g
Invisible Glass cleaner: http://amzn.to/2nF3w6H
Swiffer dusters, mops & refills: http://amzn.to/2nL3haI
All purpose cleaners: http://amzn.to/2n9LKWN
Spin mop: http://amzn.to/2n9nLXz
Microfiber towels: http://amzn.to/2npLfd3
Invisible Glass cleaner: http://amzn.to/2nF670D
Swiffer dusters, mops & refills: http://amzn.to/2npG5h9
All purpose cleaners: http://amzn.to/2npyL5i
Your first task is to create a “to do list” of all the tasks that need to be done. Your own cleaning routine! NO WORRIES! I got you covered! Here’s my cleaning routine that you can print out and simply cross off as you complete them. Let’s get started!
►►►TO DO LIST:
1) Vacuum your entire house, top to bottom.
2) Vacuum your curtains using the brush attachment. You can also use a lint roller. This will remove all the dust and dirt that’s clinging on to the curtains. Alternatively, you can take your curtains to the dry cleaner and have them cleaned.
3) Dust your blinds with a duster or a sock.
4) Clean all your house’s vents with your vacuum’s brush attachment in order to prevent allergies and to prevent that dust from being spread all around the house.
5) Clean under your furniture with a vacuum or a Swiffer style mop.
6) Clean light fixtures with a microfiber cloth or a can of compressed air.
7) If you have removable covers on your couch, wash them. If not, you can hire a company to do a deep clean of your couche’s upholstery. Body oils, dust, dirt and allergens accumulate over time, so you need to clean your couches!
8) Clean your rugs using a rental steam cleaner or hire a professional to clean them.
9) Clean all your windows using a quality glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth. For the exterior windows, you can hire a window cleaning company especially for the upstairs windows or harder to reach windows.
10) Clean your floors.
11) Dust off all your baseboards with a dry microfiber cloth and clean them using a microfiber cloth and an all purpose cleaner.
12) Do a wet dusting of all decorative items and pictures frames using a microfiber cloth and an all purpose cleaner. You can also use a can of compressed air.
13) Dust off your walls by attaching a microfiber cloth to your mop head.
14) Change the air filter in your HVAC system every 3 to 6 months. This will make sure the air you breathe is cleaner and will ensure that your unit has optimal performance. Every 5 years, you should hire a professional company to clean your air ducts and furnace in order to prevent health problems by killing bacteria and mold that can accumulate over time.
15) Clean your kitchen cabinets using a microfiber cloth and an all purpose cleaner.
16) Wash your bedding and comforter. At the same time, rotate your mattress so you can get even wear over time.
17) Change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
18) Declutter your house by giving away items you don’t use or throwing away items that you don’t need anymore.
And that’s it! You’re dong! Reward yourself by having a nice meal at the restaurant or going to watch a movie. You’ve accomplished something great and your house will look great, smell fresh and be a healthier place to live in for you and your family!
If you liked this video, click on the thumbs up button. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you want to keep on enjoying amazing content like this video. Welcome to the Pan TheOrganizer family!!
►List of equipment I use to produce my Youtube videos: https://youtu.be/5Ws-1BXhrFk
►You can also follow on social media: PanTheOrganizer
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat
Music by Joakim Karud
#springcleaning #cleaningtips #cleaninghacks